Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In My Opinion...

It should only rain on designated days.  For example, it could rain on "So your job sucks" day, or "Having trouble finding what to wear? then stay in bed" day.  It could also rain on a day called " Let's pretend were in Scotland!" or  " I love Seattle" day.   I would like a day entitled:  "Go ahead and be lazy today, you deserve it."  Why yes I do, now pass me the popcorn.  

In my opinion, we should all have a one hour recess during the work day.  I know what you are thinking, "hey moron, we do, its called lunch", but that is not what I  am referring to here.  I'm talking about a true blue, run around the park like we're ten, monkey bars included, recess.  It should be mandatory.  Business parking lots and buildings should come equipped with a playground, complete with swing set, climbing wall (a little extensive for a normal playground, I know), teeter totter, monkey bars, merry go round...  

Wait.
I take back the merry go round.  Last time I was on one of those my head spun for hours, which lead to a temple pounding headache, loss of appetite and I'm pretty sure some brain damage. That was five years ago and I'll bet ya ten bucks Ben would say that it still affects me to date.  Yeah, forget the merry go round, but throw in all the rest.  

While we're on the topic, I feel strongly about the doughnut becoming its own food group.   We could serve it as part of our balanced diet, while swinging on the swing set in the parking lot.  Just don't have one while on the merry go round.  No one wants to see or be a part of that mess. 


5 comments:

The O'Briens said...

I would love a world made up of your opinions! Where do I sign up?!

Unknown said...

the same thing happened to me last time I was on a merry go round! whose bright idea were those things anyway? and how did we ever think they were fun?

oh, and by the way, I second the motion about the donuts. especially if they're chocolate chocolate. mmmmmm.

(and happy birthday!)

Jane Durham said...

I hate merry go rounds. strangely there was one in my dream last night? I don't remember why. I do have to say, and maybe it's just lately(PREGO!), I would be pretty mad about a mandatory recess these days. "I just had to workout to walk over here and now you want me to run around the playground?" Ha ha ha. My Ben, however, would be ALL over it.

Twisted Sister said...

I'm all for it Dana. Good call.

Tyler and Dru said...

i miss elementary school for just that reason. i loved recess!! every time i ask my niece what her favorite subject is in school she say "RECESS!" AMEN sister! amen to that.