Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Benisms

So I thought for my first post I would share a simple held belief.

The world is full of stupid people - 

You know this is true.  I just say what others are afraid to say (or maybe they are nicer than I am).  
So I will say it again - The world is full of stupid people.  To clarify, these are the people who cut you off on the freeway, do crazy things in public, commit acts with no common sense.

But there is an additional belief - You can't hate stupid.  

It is not your fault they act they way they do.  It is not their fault they were born without common sense.  A person can learn math and english, but sense>?  That is a whole other story where you either have it or you don't.

The only thing you can control is you, your thoughts, and your actions.  The next time a "stupid" person does something that might make you rage - don't hate - let it slide.  Don't let your emotions get the best of you and ruin your day - just remember you can't hate stupid.

5 comments:

cath said...

and make it a great day.

(this is me or a member of my team getting back to you.)

Chris and Jen said...

Dana...how are you? It's Jen Garn (now Rogers). I am so glad I found you in this blogging world. Trust me...it gets addicting. Anyway...CONGRATULATIONS on the marriage. SOOOOOO exciting! Looks like you found a wonderful guy. Check out my blog sometime. www.chrisandjenrogers.blogspot.com.

Barb said...

Nicely said, Ben!

Twisted Sister said...

Hi you two, found you through Heidi's blog. Loved seeing what you're up to.

Cousin Carrol

Jane Durham said...

this reminds me of what I just tried to tell cath was my excuse for driving stupid. it wasn't road rage, it wasn't impatience, it was efficiency. I don't go around them because I think I will really get farther faster, I go around because more people need to get through the light than just him and then me, I was making room. Easing traffic. If it helps me out along the way, great. this is just another classic jane example of why you can't hate stupid. don't mess with a sicilian when death is on the line! ha ha ha! --