Monday, May 19, 2008

Bikes, Babes and a Killer Year

This Saturday we celebrated the one year anniversary of our first date with our two awesome friends that set us up, Tyler and Dru.  We gassed up the mini bikes and headed out to Toelle to the Larry Miller Raceway for an all day white trash event including fast neon cars, farmer tans (or burns, as both Tyler and I got) and lots of campers full of ferrari t-shirts and foam beer coolers.  
We cruised around on our 50s, took in the sights, the food, and some good company brought to us in the form of Druby and TP.  It was a killer day, with some minor crashes (both Dru and I turfed it at least once) and good friends who pretty much made this entire blog possible!  Yay to Ty and Druby!  

The mini bikes we cruised all day

Ben's bike of course has a deck of cards on it and is all tricked out
Dru and I showing off our side saddle skills
love these boys
loading up the bikes in the back of Tyler's HUGE truck



Here we are just one year ago on our first date, set up by Tyler and Dru

and one year later:  The Curtis' 



I love my friends.  I love my hub.  Thanks guys for an awesome ride!!!!!!

7 comments:

Barb said...

How fun are you guys! Look what can happen in just one short year!

Tyler and Dru said...

seriously...i can't wait for next year. but let's make sure and hang out before then:) Lunch this week? We're going on thursday with Staci and i'd love for you to come. let me know!

Jane Durham said...

so cute. you guys do the coolest things! I saw your mom in costco today, she is the bomb.

cath said...

i don't mean to burst your bubble but just so you know jane also called me "the bomb" on my blog today. it must be a phase she's going through. i will take comfort in knowing i have equal status with your mom.

The O'Briens said...

Fabulous! Give me a call (same number) and we will go out and get something to eat or go bargain shopping. Later chica.

Unknown said...

well, I barely know tyler and I've never met dru, but hooray for them, and so many thanks! what a great year. congratulations!

Laura said...

hey dana....it's been such a long time but I saw all your beautiful wedding photos on annie's blog and just had to say congrats! it's fun to see the hale clan again! looks like you had such an amazing wedding and that things are going well for you and your new hubby. so happy for you!

our blog is www.alpinedenneys.blogspot.com
email me and I'd love to send you an invite.
laurajdenney@yahoo.com although back in the day it was usually just bees! congrats again!