Friday, June 27, 2008

Lake Powell and so much more...

Nothing is better than a week at the lake with the Hale clan.  We had one final hoorah for my bro Benny before he takes off on Tuesday to servir Dios in the beauty and danger that is Rio de Janiero, Brazil.  We packed a full Hale Family trip into a few days and enjoyed sun, ski, play, ride and the occasional air-soft gun war and bean bomb.  

Here are a few highlights from the awesomeness:


My one true love (besides Ben, I guess).  Skiing.
Ben shreds as well (old school style)

Keto's life jacket is starting to look a little on the small side, in my opinion
enjoying one of the many meals.  For some reason, food always tastes better down there
Shannon, Benny and myself on a sunset ski run
my still super hip padres
The stand up.  The boys did time trial races on this thing.  One word:  hilarious.
During our triathalon event.  This included three events, a race on the stand up jet ski, two laps around a rock in the channel on the big wave runner (or as Ben likes to call it "the wet bike") and then a final lap on the kayak.  The transitions from each event were the best.  nothing like watching my bro Cam leap from a jet ski going full speed into a tiny kayak wearing euro swimming trunks.  
This was of course my Ben's idea:  Air-soft wars.  They split up into two teams and played capture the flag with air-soft guns.  They look a little bit like terrorists to me...
I thought about playing and then realized I was smart.  Getting shot with an air-soft gun point blank doesn't exactly sound like my idea of fun...  They sure had a blast though.

They have no idea what is about to come there way (see next pic below for more details)

My Dad (the large child) shooting bottle rockets at them while they play.  He is using a table as cover and an aluminum foil tube to shoot bottle rockets directly into their game.  I'm still laughing...
Our whole relationship started right here
with my bros headed to dangling rope (and liddy)
"El Capitan"
Wow.
My two favorite Bens: Hale and Curtis

I saved the best for last ladies:  Cameron, with his euro mud flap haircut, his euro shorts, thinking he is the hottest thing alive.  I have to love him for his creativity...

And so ends another successful trip to Lake Powell, brought to you by Deb an Eric.  There is no doubt that my family rocks.  If you question such a claim, return to the pics above.  No one does it like the Hales do.  This will always be my favorite place on earth.  

6 comments:

Britters and Parx said...

Dana!! I love the pics! I'm not going to lie, I'm super celosa! I am craving a Lake Powell trip! It looks like such a blast! love ya!

Brittany

Jane Durham said...

Oh my gosh, total awesomeness. I am loving the pics! Dana, you've got the greatest family. I'm so glad I know them a little better now, it makes the post so enjoyable. By the way, love your face when you ski, no messing around! We'll have to learn about the old school versus the new style from you, I am way out of it. Sounds like a dream trip!

The Travelogue said...

Holy cow, that looks like so much fun! Can I please be an unofficial member of the Hale family?

Annie and Juston said...

I am laughing so hard right now. I wish so bad I had been there. Memories for me with the Hales on my many trips to Lake Powell include; 4 girls in bikinis, me beating Tara on the kayak race(once in a lifetime!), starting hillsides on fire wondering if Devan would start himself on fire, Dangling Rope in the Jazz Dancer, pulling the houseboat over in storms, hua!!!, watching movies on the night projector, cliff jumping at night! (I'm still scared), lighting my shorts on fire with fireworks (actually they were your shorts and it was Tara who did it while I was wearing them! :) ), playing Settlers over and over again, Other Tara beating up the Ravens for eating our meat!, Josh as our dad, almost being killed on the jetski with Cameron driving during our race, snorkel gear pictures with Tara and Devan, laughing laughing and laughing, skiing skiing and some more skiing, being a member of the Hale family (unofficially). Greatest place on earth and greatest memories on earth. Love you Dan! (How about this novel?)

Unknown said...

I had to wait a while for the jealousy to subside before I could comment! WOW! well I have to agree - no one does it like the Hales! I'm really feeling bummed that your dad didn't bring any bottle rockets to Hawaii, though. That could've been exciting.

donna<3 said...

looks like it was a fun trip! but i would love to go to peru again. what humanitarian group to you work for! i wanted to go down for a whole summer as an intern at this orphanage called the sunflower. Does alot of teenagers go with your expeditions?